The Eagles will try to rebound at home against the unbeaten Minnesota Vikings on Sunday, October 23rd when they clash at Lincoln Financial Field in the city of brotherly Love. The Eagles didn’t really get off the ground last week in their 27-20 road loss to Washington. Philadelphia has lost two in a row after starting the year at 3-0 and sit in third spot in the NFC East. Minnesota had a bye last weekend and is the only undefeated team in the league at 5-0, which places them atop the NFC North.
Vikings vs Eagles: Bovada NFL Betting Line:
- Bovada lists the Vikings at -3 points at -110 with the Eagles +3 points at -110, the over/under is 40 points with both listed at -110
Join Bovada NOW to bet on the Vikings vs Eagles and get a FREE SIGNUP BONUS!
Vikings vs Eagles Betting Trends:
- Season record: 5-0 SU, 5-0 ATS
- Current Streak: won 5 straight games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games on the road
- The Vikings are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games on the road
- The Vikings are 3-10 ATS in their last 13 games when playing Philadelphia
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 6 games when playing Philadelphia
- The Vikings are 3-8 SU in their last 11 games when playing Philadelphia
- The Vikings are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
- The Vikings are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
- Season record: 3-2 SU, 3-2 ATS
- The Eagles are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Philadelphia’s last 12 games
- The Eagles are 15-8 SU in their last 23 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games when playing Minnesota
- The Eagles are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games when playing Minnesota
- The Eagles are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Minnesota
Minnesota Vikings – A Closer Look:
Minnesota Vikings’ quarterback Sam Bradford will be heading back to Financial Field this weekend after the Eagles traded him during the summer to make room for rookie replacement Carson Wentz. Bradford will certainly be looking to stick it to the Eagles in his return and should be well motivated for the contest. Bradford has started four of Minnesota’s five games Bradford and currently owns the NFL’s second-best passer rating at 109.7. He’s tosses half a dozen touchdowns so far and has yet to be picked off.
The Minnesota defense has been leading the way this campaign as it’s the best in the league in several areas. The team allows the fewest points against per game at 12.6 and is ranked first with 145 yards in sacks. They also lead the league by holding opposing quarterbacks to a 55.5 pass-completion percentage and a 65.3 passer rating. In addition, their seven pickoffs and six-yards per pass attempt against top the league and their 19 interceptions are the second most. Minnesota is 7-1 on their past eight road trips and 8-0 ATS over that stretch.
Philadelphia Eagles – A Closer Look:
The Eagles have gone from hot to cold over their past two outings and are hoping to snap their two-game losing skid. They’ve fallen off the track ever since taking their bye week, but are facing the league’s top team this weekend as they hope to turn things around, so it won’t be easy. Quarterback Wentz struggled in the 27-20 defeat to Washington by gaining just 179 yards and completing just half of his 22 passes. He didn’t get much protection though as he was sacked on five occasions.
The Eagles top two receivers Nelson Agholor and Jordan Matthews will need to be at their best as well since the Minnesota defense concedes just 78 yards against on the ground per game. The Philadelphia defense was below par last weekend as Washington racked up 493 yards against them with running back Matt Jones running a career-best 135 yards. It was perhaps just a bad outing for the run defense though since entered the game against the redskins as the second-best in the league. The Eagles are both 5-5 straight up and ATS in their past 10 home encounters.
Next up for both teams:
- Minnesota at Chicago Monday, October 31
- Philadelphia at Dallas Sunday, October 30
Check out more great information for the Vikings vs Eagles matchup in the charts below: