The Dallas Cowboys head home to ATT Stadium in Arlington, Texas this Sunday, December 11th as they try to rebound from a 10-7 loss to the New York Giants in the Big Apple last weekend. The defeat snapped the Cowboys’ winning streak at 11 straight, but they still have the lead in the NFC East at 11-2 on the season. Meanwhile, Tampa managed to beat New Orleans 16-11 at home in Florida on Sunday and are tied for first in the NFC South with Atlanta at 8-5.
Buccaneers vs Cowboys: Bovada NFL Betting Line:
- Bovada lists the Cowboys at -7 points at even with the Buccaneers +7 points at -120, the over/under is 46.5 points with both at -110
Join Bovada NOW to bet on the Buccaneers vs Cowboys and get a FREE SIGNUP BONUS!
Buccaneers vs Cowboys Trends:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
- Season record: 8-5 straight up, 8-5 against the spread
- Tampa is 5-0 in their past five games
- Tampa is 5-1 on their past six road trips
- The total has been under in nine Tampa’s last 11 meetings with Dallas
- Tampa is 1-5 in their past six encounters with Dallas
- Tampa is 2-4 against the spread in their past six meetings with Dallas
- The total has been under in four of Tampa Bay’s past five trips to Dallas
- Tampa is 1-9 in their past 10 road trips to Dallas
- Tampa is 1-4 against the spread in their past five outings in Dallas
- Season record: 11-2 straight up and 9-3-1 against the spread
- The total been under in seven of Dallas’s past 10 contests
- Dallas has gone 11-1 in their past 12 games
- Dallas is 5-0 in their past five home outings
- Dallas is 6-11-2 against the spread in their past 10 home outings
- The total has been under in nine of Dallas’s past 11 meetings with Tampa
- Dallas has gone 5-1 in their past six games with Tampa
- The total has been under in four of Dallas’s past five home meetings with Tampa
- Dallas has gone 9-1 in their past 10 home games with Tampa
Tampa Bay Buccaneers – A Closer Look:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers climbed into a first-place tie with Atlanta in the NFC South after their fifth straight win on Sunday, a 16-11 decision over New Orleans. Mike Evans didn’t have his greatest game for the Bucs as he had just four receptions for 42 yards, but the defense did an outstanding job and held Saints’ quarterback Drew Brees and his teammates to 294 yards in total. Tampa picked Brees off three times on their way to victory.
However, they’ll be facing a Dallas team which would just as well rather run with the ball than pass it. If they can take the passing game away from Dallas’ rookie quarterback Dak Prescott, they may fare better. The Tampa Bay defense has been red hot during their five-game winning streak as they’ve allowed just 12.8 points against per game on average. Quarterback Jameis Winston and Evans may be able to cause some damage since Dallas’ secondary unit has some injury problems to deal with. Tampa is 5-1 on the road this campaign and 4-0 ATS on their past four road trips.
Dallas Cowboys – A Closer Look:
Dallas lost for the first time with Dak Prescott as their starting quarterback as they were edged 10-7 by the Giants last weekend. The 11-game victory streak is over and the Cowboys will be hoping to start a new unbeaten string on Sunday. Dallas managed just 260 yards against the Giants’ defense and Prescott wasn’t at his best. He went 17 for 37 in passing for 165 yards and had a touchdown pass, but was also picked off twice. In addition, Prescott was sacked three times as the giants’ defense was in top form.
The Cowboys will be facing another in-form defense this week as Tampa’s has also been playing well during their five-game winning streak. Still, the Dallas attack is one of the best in the league when Prescott and fellow rookie Ezekiel Elliott are at their best. The Cowboys should be motivated to get back on the winning track with just three games to go before the playoffs. Elliot ran 24 times for 107 against the Giants, but didn’t manage a touchdown. He’ll be facing a Tampa defense which has conceded 10 touchdowns on the ground this year. The Cowboys are 4-1 ATS over their past five outings at home.
Next up for both teams:
- Tampa is at New Orleans on Saturday, December 24
- Dallas is at home against Detroit on Monday, December 26