The biggest college football matchup in Week 8 is the SEC matchup between the No. 6 Texas A&M Aggies and the No. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide this Saturday. Kickoff is at 3:30 PM EST and the game will be televised on CBS. As we write this, Alabama is a whopping 18-point home favorites, up from –17 at the open. The Crimson Tide (7-0 SU, 5-2 ATS) were as high as –18.5 Tuesday afternoon before settling back down.
Thus far, Alabama has not been troubled by large point spreads. In fact, they’ve been double-digit favorites in every game this season, and the last time a Top-10 FBS team was getting 18+ points was three years ago, when No. 3 Florida State beat No. 7 Miami 41-14 as a 21-point home chalk.
There’s little doubt that Alabama is the best team in the nation right now, but Texas A&M (6-0 SU, 4-2 ATS) are unbeaten as well. They’re also coming off a bye week, while the Tide beat up on Tennessee 49-10 as 14-point road favorites last week. The Aggies are the most balanced team Alabama has faced this season, and covering that big spread might be difficult as long as Aggies RB Trayveon Williams (8.6 yards per carry) is chewing up the clock.
Here’s more great NCAAF betting information for the Texas A&M vs Alabama game:
Texas A&M vs Alabama: Bovada NCAAF Betting Line:
- At press time, Bovada lists the Crimson Tide as 18 point home favorites (-105). The Aggies are getting 18 points (-115). The Over/Under is listed at 58.5 points with both priced at 1.909.
- Money Line: Alabama 1.095, Texas A&M 7.750
- Check the site for updates to the betting line
Join Bovada NOW to bet on the Texas A&M vs Alabama and get a FREE SIGNUP BONUS!
Vikings vs Eagles Betting Trends:
Texas A&M Aggies:
- Team record: 6-0 SU,4-2 ATS
- Current Streak: won 6 straight games
- Texas A&M is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Texas A&M’s last 11 games
- Texas A&M is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Texas A&M is 17-7 SU in its last 24 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Texas A&M’s last 5 games on the road
Alabama Crimson Tide:
- Team record: 7-0 SU,5-2 ATS
- Current Streak: won 7 straight games
- Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Alabama is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Alabama’s last 5 games at home
Next up for both teams:
- Texas A&M home to New Mexico State Saturday, October 29
- Alabama at LSU Saturday, November 5
Check out more great information for the Texas A&M vs Alabama matchup in the charts below: