The Falcons boast one of the most potent offenses in the NFL, but their defense leaves something to be desired and will need to improve if they want to hold off the Packers in Week 8 at the Georgia Dome (Sunday, October 30th, 2016 at 4:25 PM ET, FOX).
The Falcons, who are 4-3 Straight Up, 5-2 Against the Spread, are the only winning team in the NFC South after week 7. Their offense is led by Pro Bowlers Matt Ryan at quarterback (he leads the NFL with 2,348 passing yards at 14.2 yards per completion) and Devonta Freeman at running back (Freeman has rushed for 4.8 yards a carry and already has 26 catches on the season). However, Atlanta is also second-worst in the league with 2,060 passing yards allowed, driving the OVER to a 6-1 record after seven games.
This is good news for the Packers who are 4-2 SU, 3-2-1 ATS after 7 games. QB Aaron Rodgers has struggled at times this year but did look better last week in a high-volume passing game plan vs the Bears (39-56 69.6% comp%, 326 yds, 3TDs, 0 Int). Rodgers ranks sixth overall with a 73.2 QBR. The Packers are also pleased with how well WR Ty Montgomery filled in at running back last week for the injured Eddie Lacy and James Starks, picking up 60 yards on nine carries against the Chicago Bears.
Neither of these teams is very good at defense and as a result, this matchup has the highest total on the Week 8 odds board at 53 points.
Packers vs Falcons – Bovada NFL Betting Line:
- Bovada lists the Falcons as 3 point home favorites over the Packers. The over/under is 53 points.
Join Bovada NOW to bet on the Packers vs Falcons and get a FREE SIGNUP BONUS!
Packers vs Falcons Betting Trends:
Green Bay Packers:
- Season record: 4-2 SU, 2-3-1 ATS
- Green Bay is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Green Bay is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Green Bay’s last 5 games
- Green Bay is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Atlanta
- Green Bay is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games when playing Atlanta
- Season record: 4-3 SU, 5-2 ATS
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 7 games
- Atlanta is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Atlanta is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games at home
- Atlanta is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Atlanta’s last 13 games at home
- Atlanta is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Green Bay
- Atlanta is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Green Bay
Next up for both teams:
- Green Bay home to Indianapolis Sunday, November 6
- Atlanta at Tampa Bay Thursday, November 3
Check out more great information for the Packers vs Falcons matchup in the charts below: