The Denver Broncos, who are 6-2 Straight Up and Against the Spread, and the Oakland Raiders (6-2 SU, 5-3 ATS) are tied for first in the AFC West. Barring another tie, one of them will take the lead after they meet in Week 9 on Sunday Night Football (at the Oakland Coliseum at 8:30 PM ET on NBC). Who’s better? That’s a great question! Both teams have enjoyed a tremendous first half this season, but the Broncos have been especially good – enough to make Sunday night’s matchup a pick ’em at press time. That’s up from +1 at the open. The over/under currently sits at 43.5 points.
Broncos vs Raiders – Bovada NFL Betting Line:
- Bovada lists this one as a pick ’em. The over/under is 43.5 points.
Join Bovada NOW to bet on the Broncos vs Raiders and get a FREE SIGNUP BONUS!
Denver has a substantially better point differential at plus-58 to Oakland’s plus-12. Only the 7-1 New England Patriots (plus-85) have a higher differential in the AFC. The defending Super Bowl champs still have one of the best defenses in the NFL, and rookie QB Trevor Siemian (eight TDs, four INTs) has performed better than established veterans like Cam Newton and Carson Palmer.
For Oakland, third-year QB David Carr (17 TDs, three INTs) is having a Pro-Bowl season through Week 8. Their D hasn’t been as good however, and the over bettors are 6-2 for Oakland thus far (4-4 for Denver). Sunday’s point total of 43.5 is one of the lowest on the NFL odds board.
Broncos vs Raiders Betting Trends:
- Season record: 6-2 SU, 6-2 ATS
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Denver’s last 5 games
- Denver is 11-2 SU in its last 13 games
- Denver is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Denver’s last 6 games on the road
- Denver is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games when playing Oakland
- Denver is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Oakland
- Season record: 6-2 SU, 5-3 ATS
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oakland’s last 5 games
- Oakland is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- Oakland is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Oakland’s last 19 games at home
- Oakland is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
- Oakland is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games when playing Denver
- Oakland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Denver
- Oakland is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Denver
- Oakland is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Denver
Next up for both teams:
- Denver at New Orleans Sunday, November 13
- Oakland home to Houston Monday, November 21
Check out more great information for the Broncos vs Raiders matchup in the charts below: